Drinking and Eating

and smoking and any other consumption-related leisure activity. We will make no apology for seeking pleasure in life!

Friday, July 23, 2004

Portal del Alto Merlot/Cab Sav Variety, 2000



I like red wine that actually tastes like grapes and not cedar chips or pears or whatever. Among my fondest memories of breakfast (besides my Dad's eggs) was grape juice and while I've moved away from so much sugar in the morning, I still look for it in my wines. I can smell a bit of cherry in here as well and I'm not complaining.

This is a inexpensive ($7) wine that my local wine store (Watergate Liquor and Wine) always seems to have in stock. It goes great with pizza, steak and just sipping (no, I haven't tried it for breakfast, thank you).

Photo courtesy of the
Portal Del Alto Website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home