Drinking and Eating

and smoking and any other consumption-related leisure activity. We will make no apology for seeking pleasure in life!

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Thank God Its Wednesday at Thank God its Fridays



Part of the "new" Atkins menu (yes, I'm kinda one of those, wanna fight?) although I think its just recycled from a previous menu or stolen from someone else as it is indistinguishable from the similar fare at Applebys, et. al. I always like when they ask after you order the real buffalo wings whether you want "Atkins" or regular. It's the same thing, baby, same price even.

TGIFs is near-by, the servers are friendly (they have flair!), the food is relatively cheaper (the beer by the bottle isn't so) and I like the multi-racial clientele. Yes, the food is better across the street at Kinkeads but everything else is nearly opposite of this venerable chain (servers are snobby, food expensive, the clientele is nearly all white are wanna-be white). And yikes, a customer loyalty program - just get so many points and its free chicken wings baby. But where's the TV trivia games!?!

Being an "adventurous" sort, I tried the "buffalo" chicken salad - just 10 carbs and $8.29 (trust me, decent price for downtown DC). Not much "buffalo" in the chicken - I coulda stood for something hotter (more sauce, please) - I missed the so-called pico de gallo - tastes like a spicy ranch dressing to me. The iceberg lettuce was fresh and crunchy and you can't fault them for pairing it with the grilled chicken and cheddar cheese (which was bland). Overall, ambience B+ (a little bit too loud on one side of the bar and some smokers nearby), food: C-.

Beer: Mich Ultra (not cold enough for my tastes), the beer of sweaty working-out yuppies.

Image courtesy tgifridays.com...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home