Drinking and Eating

and smoking and any other consumption-related leisure activity. We will make no apology for seeking pleasure in life!

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Mayonaise and Chicken? Uh-hum!

Here's a new recipe - take some chicken cutlets, rub 'em with sea salt and mix together a cup of Mayonaise, a couple of sprigs of thyme leaves, two cloves of garlic, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, pepper to taste and a bunch of scallions, chopped (up to the firm green). Marinate the chicken for two hours in this mayo and thyme conconction and then bake in the oven for about 1/2 hour at 350 degrees. The recipe is called "Crispy Chicken Cutlets" but there not really crispy, more like creamy and lemony but still good. Above is how they looked when I took them out of the oven.


Although I was solo tonight, this would make for a great date meal. The salad is herb with cheddar flavored French Onions and some sliced pecans and Italian dressing. I've dressed it with some cilantro (which I mixed into the salad) and some thyme (which is just for show). The wine is Veramonte Chilean Chardonnay 2003 - I recommend this but the reason I have it is because although I liked it, it didn't sell well at my local liquor store so I snatched up a bottle at bargain basement prices.
Here's a close-up of the dish.


This was a meal I had a few days ago. It's a chicken paprika with deli salsa, herb salad with mushrooms and French vinegarette and Delirium Tremens beer from Belgium.
Here's a close-up of the DT beer. An acquaintance left this behind after a pot-luck dinner I hosted (one of the benefits of hosting people is you never know what goodies -- and baddies (see previous post) -- you'll end up with. This is a sweet, frothy brew in a very cool bottle to boot.

1 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jim H said...

I forgot to mention that the recipe is adapted (I added more scallions and used sea salt instead of regular salt) from The Low Carb Cookbook by Fran McCullough

 

Post a Comment

<< Home