Drinking and Eating

and smoking and any other consumption-related leisure activity. We will make no apology for seeking pleasure in life!

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Dominos Pizza Delivers...Eventually

- I had a very subtle experience today. I received a coupon in the mail from Dominos promising free Buffalo Wings (with the purchase of a pizza) because a recent delivery had been fouled up and took 90 minutes. When the delivery man arrived 1/2 hour late (after calling for directions to my rather large apartment building), he told me to "keep the coupon" for use on a later order. Because he was late and the pizza, I guessed, was cold, I gave him a smallish tip. He hesitated as he counted back the change I asked for, perhaps thinking I might relent and give him that extra dollar he thought he deserved. As I took my change, he said, "you know, I really do need that coupon after all." As I closed the door, I said, "no problem, I'll go reheat the pizza." I love it when I actually do get in some good comebacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home