Drinking and Eating

and smoking and any other consumption-related leisure activity. We will make no apology for seeking pleasure in life!

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving Review

Some random pictures of the aftermath of aThanksgiving's spread... sorry didn't get a shot of the turkey but it would have just been a pile of mangled bones by the time I got my camera out...
It did not go without comment that the only thing that was entirely eaten here were the sweet gherkins...

My brother in law is from California so maybe that explains this. But it was much better than it looked. It's a cucumber salad with mayo and a touch of sweet. I have no idea how it got so green.

Eh. Not a great Chardonnay but all the good stuff was gone so we cracked these bottles open.

One of the great developments of Thanksgivings recently is the advent of flavored mashed potatoes. I remember when it was just bland, creamy crap that came out of a box and the only way to eat them was to pour gravy. Here the gravy can be used as a light dressing. Lots of garlic yum...

I hate peas. Now that I'm an adult I can refuse to eat them.

This is one of the children's plates. Of course, if I had gotten a plate like this, there would never have been any problems about the peas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home